Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Loyalty Smoyalty

I almost started this journal entry with the question "Is there such a thing as too loyal?" I know the answer though - definitely yes. There are many times in my life that I thought I should be loyal to someone or something more than I really should have been (from what others told me at the time). For instance, I have had jobs I stayed at longer than I was told I should have by my parents, but I felt I owed them for giving me a job and should stay loyal.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the way things have turned out. I just feel, sometimes, that I need to be more loyal to myself and my family than to what I perceive for my friends, relationships, jobs, etc.

Take for instance now. I am having a hard time thinking about myself leaving my current job. I enjoy it and am doing what I like doing. I am supposed to move in June, and it more than likely wont be a possibility to telecommute. We will see how it all plays out - I know that change is good and that there could be a better possibility out there for me! I just know I will have that to deal with when its time.

No comments: