Sunday, February 24, 2008

If you dont love yourself, you wont let anyone else

I had posted recently that I am not happy. I dont think I explained why I want to be happy. It seems like an obvious answer, who doesnt want to be happy? There is something specific part of why that I think about - if I dont love myself, I am not going to let anyone else love me.

I know that doesnt seem to be related, but in my mind it is - so let me explain.

If I dont love myself, I am not happy.

However, if I am happy and doing things that make me happy, I am doing things that I enjoy. I am the type that I dont do things half-assed (especially when I am enjoying it) so I will be building myself up, mentally, at the same time.

I realize that my happiness doesnt guarantee I am going to like myself; and just because I like myself doesnt mean I will be happy. But I see a definite correlation between the two as of now. I am not sure about when I master one of these issues the correlation will still be there - but for now it is.

Anyway, I just thought I would explain a little of the "why" behind the desire.

No comments: